Youmeki 2018 – TICKETS
Youmeki is weekend camping experience brought to you by the people who created:
Burn the River- official decompression 2011 – 2014
Sacramento-Foothills Burnal Equinox- official BM event 2013 and 2014
Spark the Dark 2016 (rained out)
Summer of Spark 2017
This is a family friendly, burner-community event which celebrates the spirit of self-expression and creativity by gathering together for one day to share art, music, workshops, community activities, education, etc. and then end the celebration with a temporary art installation burn in symbolic tradition. This is a fundraising event for Sacramento Valley Spark, all proceeds are going to a 501c3 non-profit. Our mission is to hold events to raise money that will eventually fund art grants for locally built art projects.
Information on the event
- We are capping this at 500 tickets, so this event will likely sell out. Get your tickets early!
- This will be a Burner Friendly summer event
- Family Friendly, under 18 must be accompanied by an adult (there will be ID checks and wristbands for those 21 and over)
- There are ample chances to get involved as a performer, artist, theme camp, or volunteer. Make sure to fill out the volunteer form to get more information.
- Early arrival on 5/3 is allowed and encouraged for people to set up their camps and/or volunteer with set up.
- Looking to get involved? There are a lot of teams that make this whole thing work! These teams are made up entirely of volunteers. Volunteers are the lifeblood of any event. Everyone involved volunteers their time and effort to make the experience possible. We need help from YOU!
- VOLUNTEER: Sign Up as an Event Volunteer here.
This event operates under the 10 Principles; not to dictate of how people should be and act, but as a reflection of the community’s ethos and culture as it has organically developed. Summer of Spark follows these principles:
♦ Radical Inclusion ♦ Gifting ♦ Decommodification ♦ Radical Self-reliance
♦ Radical Self-expression ♦ Communal Effort ♦ Civic Responsibility ♦
♦ Leaving No Trace ♦ Participation ♦ Immediacy ♦
Youmeki is a Leave No Trace event. Everyone is responsible for packing out their own garbage and leaving the land just as we found it- plan ahead!